GSSA's 1st Principle
GSSA believes that government must not infringe
on the fundamental right of individual citizens to
choose to keep and bear arms for a variety of
reasons; including hunting, collecting, competitive
shooting, recreation, historical re-enactment and
GSSA acts in defense, support and furtherance of
GSSA maintains a full time presence at the capitol
during the Georgia legislative session, keeping a
vigil eye on the protection of your Second
Amendment rights and pursuing continued
enactment of pro-gun legislation in Georgia.
Sport Shooting Association
880 Marietta Highway; Box 351
Roswell, GA, 30075
Georgia's Official CMP & NRA State Affiliate
The Georgia Sport Shooting Association, Inc. is not responsible for the content of articles submitted and
published in this newsletter or website. All letters and advertisements are approved by the EDITOR or
WEBMASTER only for relevance. Technical and/or handloading data are for informational purposes only. No
responsibility is accepted by Georgia Sport Shooting Association, Inc. for results obtained by persons using such
data, and all liability for any consequential injuries or damages is disclaimed. Information regarding event
schedules or specific dates and locations for events should be verified prior to monetary or travel commitments.
References to any specific commercial manufacturer or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply
endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Georgia Sport Shooting Association, Inc. Board of Directors,
its membership, nor the publisher. The articles, opinions and letters published do not necessarily reflect the
views of the EDITOR, WEBMASTER, publisher, or the Georgia Sport Shooting Association, Inc.
The Mission of the GSSA
- The GSSA has as its mission, promoting education and training for citizens of
good repute in the safe handling of firearms and to encourage the lawful
ownership of firearms for sport and recreation.
- The volunteers that are your Board of Directors are dedicated to the sport of
shooting. They have been chosen to run your State Association. These
volunteers develop and run the programs you enjoy on a daily basis.
- To fulfill this mission, we will take immediate action against any legislation at the
local and state levels that would infringe upon these rights.
- This organization supports and defends the constitutional rights of the individual
American citizen to acquire, transport, possess, carry, and transfer ownership of
- It is paramount that citizens may exercise their rights to self-preservation and
defense of family, person, and property.
- We promote marksmanship practice both as a sport and as a fundamental
aspect of national defense, sponsor NRA State Championship Tournaments
and promote all other shooting Championships and promote all the shooting
- We promote and present marksmanship as a major competitive sport in the
State's public and private school systems, both secondary and collegiate. By
supporting these programs, we also support the Civilian Marksmanship Program
of the Department of Defense. We encourage member clubs to also enroll and
participate in the CMP.
- We promote hunter safety training, hunting and conservation, as necessary
methods of affording growth, conservation and wise use of renewable wildlife
and natural resources.
- We promote, organize and conduct firearms training to encourage interest in
participation in firearms activities by all, and especially minorities, women and
- We assist in the planning, construction, acquisition, and preservation of civilian-
owned shooting ranges of all types.